University of London
New and improved mechanical plant installation at world-class Birkbeck, University of London.
ITC were appointed to validate, design, install and commission new boiler and domestic hot water plant, installed within converted teaching space.
New gas infrastructure and boiler plant sized to accommodate the increasing demand on campus.
The team worked closely with the client representatives to ensure disruptions were kept to a minimum whilst adhering to Covid guidelines.
- New plant room extract ventilation system interlinked with boiler sequencing
- Trend BMS controls installation with 2 new MCPs and graphic upgrades
- Replacement of system commissioning stations
- Flushing, dosing and site wide commissioning
- Seasonal commissioning
- Installation of bulkheads, new ceilings and light fittings to accommodate new services
The projects success was based on open collaboration between client, consultants, contractors and specialists responding efficiently to on site discovery items, and the challenges which the pandemic brought to working conditions and the supply chain.